Zardonic (Big Riddim, Subsonik, Foul Play, Human Imprint), dropped me a pretty sick mix this morning called The Fast Dubstep Mix. At 180bpm, it seamlessly bangs through hard dubstep, drum & bass and drumstep styles—including tracks from Bare, Audio, Excision, Tinie Tempah, Muffler, Mark Instinct, Korn & Skrillex, Tommy Lee, Hulk and a ton more. Some of the tunes have been chopped up and reassembled specifically for this mix so get ready to listen to your favorite tracks as you’ve never heard ‘em before.
It’s been way too long since the last post. If anyone still visits here, you’re in for some sick tunes. Phace and Misanthrop’s latest collaboration, “Energie,” will pump you the fuck up. If only you could liquify it and bottle it up. “Energie” is part of Neosignal’s 10th release, Energy EP. To hear more and see full release details, check out neosignal.de. The second track, “Teufelswerk,” is Phace’s first dubstep track—that I know of— that’s way beyond most of the tunes coming out these days.
Tons of new music out this month, including full releases by Beardyman, Instra:Mental, Gold Panda, The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble and Wagon Christ. Those that aren’t represented in the mix include Battles, Mobthrow, Kryptic Minds, Submerged and 2562. Really digging Bird of Prey’s Stray Feathers, which is an EP of Torin Goodnight’s early tracks, the quirky tunes from Beardyman’s I Done A Album, and the Puzzles EP from Pixelord.
01. Pixelord – Oh Lord
02. Kito & Reija Lee – Broken Hearts
03. Take – Begin End Begin (Take Remix)
04. Beardyman feat. Foreign Beggars – Oh!
05. Bird of Prey – Stargazer
06. Bowser – Headrush
07. Rusko – Lick the Lizard
08. Hecq & Exillon – Spheres of Fury (Stochastic Process Remix by Techdiff)
09. Instra:Mental – 8
10. BD1982 – VHS Nite
11. +verb – Puddlegum (Dev79 Remix)
12. Gold Panda – Back Home
13. Sub Zero – Brighter Days
14. Ruckspin feat. J Sparrow – Blessings
15. The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble – Cotard Delusion
16. Wagon Christ – Mr. Mukatsuku
This is March Madness for the electronic music world. We’ve got new tracks from Photek, Boxcutter, Starkey, Noisia, Kryptic Minds, Misanthrop, Joker, Emalkay, Burial and more. Over 2 hours of dubstep, drum ‘n’ bass, tech-house and experimental electronic music. Enjoy.
01. Starkey – PC
02. Starkey – Peacekeeper
03. Gold Panda – Marriage (Star Slinger Remix)
04. Boxcutter – Allele
05. Misanthrop – Sidereal
06. Dizplay – Punk
07. Noisia – Displaced
08. Above & Beyond – Sun & Moon (Distance Remix)
09. Photek – Avalanche
10. Photek – Slowburn
11. Kryptic Minds – Make You Sleep (with Emika)
12. Distal – OLDBOYMAN
13. Sluggo – Hostage (with Helicopter Showdown)
14. Joker – Retro Racer
15. Emalkay – Fabrication (Extended Mix)
16. Emalkay – Massive
17. Benoit & Sergio – Day Residue
18. Perc – Tokyo Blank
19. Clouds – Fibre
20. James Zabiela – Blame
21. Burial – Stolen Dog
22. Beataucue – Disque Oh! (High Rankin Remix)
23. Blaerg – Phonological Manifestations
24. Submerse – Never Again
25. Hardnoise – 75 Cents (Deenk Remix)
It’s impossible keeping up with all the great tunes coming out this year. It’s one sick release after another. So this week we have a new Amon Tobin track from the Chaos Theory Remix Album, we finally have a legit copy Reso’s “Expansion Ratio,” and more from Think, Gemini, Pixelord and others. This is a diverse collection of dubstep, drum and bass, downtempo, electro and mixed styles. enjoy.
01. Reso – Expansion Ratio
02. Amon Tobin – Breaking Protocol
03. John Hughes – Filcut
04. Don Diablo Feat. Dragonette – Animale (Radio Edit)
05. Gemini – And You
06. Hybris – Of Two Minds
07. Fred V & Grafix – One of These Days
08. Pixelord – Flower Cannon
09. Think – Private Universe
10. Point Blank – Brutal
Last year, SW4 brought you Fatboy Slim, Armin Van Buuren, Carl Cox, Skream, Benga, Boyz Noize and Andy C. This year, the show’s getting even bigger. The first headliner announced is Pendulum, who will be performing a full live show of which Mixmag called “the world’s most exciting live act.” Their shows are full of energy, twisted bass, heavy beats and an amazing light show including pyrotechnics. This will be their only stop in London this year, so don’t miss out.
Things are looking huge for SW4 2011 and Pendulum is just the tip of the iceberg. The full line-up will be gradually revealed in the coming weeks. The festival will be held Saturday the 27th and Sunday the 28th of August at Clapham Common, London. General sale tickets will be available Wednesday the 16th of April at 9AM.
We’re just over a month into 2011 and have already seen a ton of new releases by some of the top electronic producers and a handful from fresh new faces. This 20-track mix highlights some of the most recent advanced electronic songs to come out this year. This mix spans the gamut, including dubstep, drum & bass, tech-house, IDM, grime and electro styles.
01. Ill-Esha – Black Ice (Hxdb Remix)
02. FreQ Nasty – Dread at the Controls
03. Magnetic Man ft. John Legend – Getting Nowhere (Breakage Remix)
04. Submerse & Resketch – Get Away
05. Dodge & Fuski – Devil Inside
06. Lethal Bizzle – POW 2011 (Skream’s Murky Mix)
07. Evol Intent & Ewun – Reality Check (J. Rabbit Remix)
08. The Glitch Mob – Fistful of Silence (ESKMO Remix)
09. Meat Katie – Bizarre is Beautiful
10. Hackman – Bam Bam
11. Sascha Sonido – Uh Mamacita
12. Orphan 101 – Propa
13. Brokenchord – A Girl of 13 Summers
14. Tayo and Acid Rockers ft. PupaJim – Vampayaa (Starkey Remix)
15. James Blake – I Never Learnt to Share
16. Shy Fx ft. Donae’o – Raver (MJ Cole Remix)
17. DZ – The Beginning
18. Camo & Krooked – Cliffhanger
19. Elfkowitz – Needles
20. Command Strange – She Said
Originally scheduled for release this month, Neosignal decided to release 006 before Christmas as a gift to all the fans and supporters of the previous releases. Unfortunately these singles are few and far between—I’m sure everyone’s ready for another From Deep Space.
The Phace and Misanthrop collab, “Desert Orgy,” is a deep drum & bass tune with organic atmospheres and some of the sickest bass sounds I’ve ever heard. The drop at 2:00 is out of this world! “Neptune Orgy” may have been more fitting.
“Stagger,” by Phace and Noisia, is a broken beat dnb tune with heavy future bass at it’s core and intense percussion & power-up sounds throughout.
Neosignal MP3s are available at iTunes and Beatport—but if you want the 12″ with artwork, check neosignal.de for more info.
Aaron Funk scrambles our brains again with his 2010 release, My So-Called Life. It’s a 10-track nightmarish collage of breakcore, glitch, drum n bass, 90’s techno and jungle—similar in style to Detrimentalist (2008). Like Filth (2009), this album leaves you mentally drained, awe-struck, and feeling a little bit dirty. It’s amazing that after all these years of listening to Venetian Snares, I’m still blown away by the complexity and energy of these tunes. To hear more, check out Venetian Snare on iTunes.